Okay, these are so easy and so much fun for pretty much anytime, but especially for Easter time! Cascarones (confetti eggs) are egg shells that are dyed and filled with confetti. They are fun to crack anywhere, but they are incredibly fun to crack on the head of any unsuspecting child… Read on to find out how to make confetti eggs.:)
These are fun craft to make at home, but they can also be purchased online relatively inexpensively. So, if you are like me, and you live in New York, you will want to buy the cheap eggs, not the free range, organic, grass fed, high end golden eggs… Remember, these will be crushed….
|How to make confetti eggs a.k.a. cascarones…||
- Soap & Water
- Paint for decorating
- Tissue for covering holes
- Crack a tiny portion of the top of the egg and dump contents into a container (if you wish to cook them and not waste them!)
- Rinse the inside of the egg and try to remove the membrane.
- Toss the eggs into any dye you wish to use, and get creative!
- Once the eggs are dried, use a small paper funnel and pour in your confetti!
- Finally, use some colored tissue paper to fill in the tip, glue over it, or just tape the tip if you get lazy.
If the whole idea of this exhausts you, have no worries. I have inserted a few links that I found where you can buy these on a budget. Trust me, your kids wont care if you made them yourself or purchased them. The whole idea is to enjoy your eggs, and get crackin!
You can buy Cascarones here… Cascarones Cinco de Mayo Decorations | Amols’ Fiesta Party Supplies
Or even here! Cascarones
Disclaimer… I have never purchased these from any of the above stores and have no affiliation with any one of them. Thanks for reading!